Posts Tagged ‘americano’
I’m in love, and I can’t hide it anymore.
The best espresso in New York City, bar none is La Colombe, on Church Street, one block south of Canal behind Pearl Paint. God bless it.
Here’s a crappy photo of a great Americano, after I put milk in it!
I am a snob about few things, except effort and coffee (living in Seattle for 5 years spoiled me on the latter front). La Colombe is the best espresso I’ve had in NYC. Running close are the following (in descending order):
1. Cupcake Cafe on 9th Ave by Port Authority. Worth a trip far far far out of the way. Plus, a great old fashioned icebox where they keep the milk.
2. The Cafe in the Theater at
136 E. 13th St., New York, NY 10003
I never remember what the theater is called.
3. The place in Chelsea Market! AMAZING! (Ninth Street Espresso)
4. Push Cafe. Great for years. Expensive, and weirdly it’s never as good in a to go cup, but it’s a special thing in a mug seated out front watching traffic.
Far below but still great
5. Think Coffee by NYU on Mercer
6. Gimme Coffee in Williamsburg
7. Mud in LES
8. Heights Coffee in Prospect Heights
God bless all these places for caring.